This site requires Flash Player 8 or higher. Please install the most current Flash Player

When Should I Seek Medical Care?

In most cases, the symptoms of heartburn can be treated effectively with antacids like Maalox. Maalox has a wide variety of products to meet your needs, so that you can get fast relief on contact. However, if the pain is frequent and continues despite treatment, or persists longer than 2 weeks, you should consult with your doctor.

Many people frequently mistake heartburn for chest pains associated with a heart attack, however heartburn is not actually related to the heart at all. Even so, if you do experience severe chest pains, you shouldn’t ignore it. Consult a doctor immediately. Also, if you experience difficulty swallowing, vomiting, bleeding in the stool, loss of appetite, weight loss, dehydration, and fatigue, you should seek medical attention.